My Mysterious Pet

 I had always wanted a dog but could never get one because handling a dog is a difficult job and requires a lot of responsibility. So my parents decided to get me one on my 12th birthday. When I learned about that, I was on cloud nine. The first thing I did was to play with him, and he started wagging his tail, which gave an indication that he was happy. The day I got the puppy, it felt like we had a special bond. I took him for a walk every morning. As soon as I came back home after school, I played with him for hours, but it only felt like a few minutes.

One day, as usual, I came back from school and went to play with him in the backyard. I saw him go somewhere, so I started to follow him. He was going somewhere that even I did not know of. We went through narrow pathways into a deep forest. I wondered, "Why would he go inside a forest?" But still, I followed him. To my surprise, I saw a beautiful world inside a dangerous-looking forest. It was still beyond my understanding how a dog who was not even aware of the location of our home took me there.

Out of the blue, I heard some voices and got to know that it was my dog. He was communicating with me and said, "Did you not know that I can talk? I come here every day to meet my family. When I was small, I was taken away from my family and brought to you. Before I was taken away, my mom gave me a locket that led me to this forest whenever I wanted. I am actually not a dog, but a human. My family and I were cursed to appear in this form. We will only be liberated from this curse when someone cooks us a broth made from a special vegetable called belons that can only be grown in the deep forest."

After hearing his story, I was determined to help him and his family, and cook it for them. I asked for the location of the vegetable, plucked it, and then cooked it into a broth and served it to them. They then drank it, and everything went back to normal. I could see his human form. Due to all of this, I had forgotten that I had to go back home. So I asked him to tell me the way out so that I could return home. He did the same. I was about to thank him when he vanished into thin air. I just could not explain the entire day; it was extremely complicated and chaotic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Classes

First Aid

The Mysterious Person